We are in radish mode thanks to one of our favorite farmers – Local Roots, and we’re trying to find ways to utilize them while they’re in peak season. One easy way is to use them in sandwiches. If you’ve got the time and money to compose an all-out vegetable fiesta, go for it. For days when we don’t want to fuss too much, we like to stick to a few ingredients to create something like this simple lunch which we’ll have for about three days in a row (maybe for you it’ll be breakfast or a snack). All you need are:
- Sprouted Bread
- Several Small Radishes
- 1 Organic Avocado
- For Dressing: 1/2 Lemon and Olive Oil, Black Pepper, and Salt.
- Make dressing by squeezing juice of 1/2 lemon into a small bowl and adding olive oil, black pepper, and salt (to taste). (Use the other 1/2 of lemon next day if making same sandwich).
- Cut radishes as thin or thick as you like, and the more the radishes you use the better.
- Add radishes into bowl and toss around with dressing.
- Cut avocado – either into pieces or turn into a spread like we did. (If making a spread, add black pepper and some salt, to taste).
- Spread avocado on sprouted bread and top with radish mixture.
That’s about it. Pretty simple, no? It’s light, refreshing, healthy, and pretty affordable. The dressing’s great if you’re trying to slowly wean yourself off of things like mayo and mustard, which we know can be difficult.